man shot in front of bronx criminal court

Three people fatally shot across the city in a rash of violence

New York City- There was a rash of violence in the city Monday night, and into Tuesday morning, as at least three people were fatally shot in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, according to police.

The first shooting occurred at approximately 7:30 p.m. on East 161st St, in front of the entrance to the Bronx Criminal Court. Police stated that officers responded to a 911 call stating that a man was shot and upon arrival at the scene found 46-year-old Lee McClendon with gunshot wounds to his neck. Mr. McClendon was rushed to Lincoln Hospital but could not be saved, according to officials.

Police stated that Mr. McClendon was shot while sitting in his parked car. A bicyclist approached the car, and then allegedly fired several shots through one of the car’s windows, according to officials. At the scene, it appeared that there was at least one bullet hole in the car’s back passenger window, although police did not immediately specify how many shots were fired or where they entered the vehicle.

man shot in front of bronx criminal court
Police standing at the scene in front of the Bronx Criminal Court where a man was fatally shot in his car. PHOTO: Andre Rivera.

Approximately two hours after the shooting in the Bronx, police received reports of shooting in front in of a two-story residential building on East 55th St, near Church Ave in East Flatbush, the NYPD said.

When officers arrived at the scene, they found a 25-year-old male riddled with bullets. The man had bullet wounds to his back, left forearm, left thigh, groin, and torso, according to police. The victim was transported to Kings County Hospital by EMS where he was pronounced dead, according to officials.

The third shooting was reported at about 12:30 a.m., in front of a Duane Reade store on Roosevelt Ave, near 60th St, in Woodside. Police stated that the first emergency call reported an unconscious male at this location.

When officers arrived, they found a 40-year-old male with gunshot wounds to his torso. EMS responded to the scene and transported the man to Elmhurst General Hospital where he was pronounced dead, the NYPD said.

Police officials stated that the investigation into all three shootings remains open, and no arrests were immediately made.

Leave a Reply